Whether you're starting a new blog or trying to keep one going, a common concern for all of us is finding time to write.
Here are five concrete actions you can take to free up time for this crucial task:
- Batch your tasks – Dividing up your article writing time will make the most efficient use of your time and energy, and you'll accomplish more in less time. And once you're in brainstorming or writing mode, don't stop with one post; use that same mindset to work ahead on the next few.
- Be purposeful on social media – As soon as you publish a new post and it's fresh in your mind, preschedule 3-4 updates to announce the post to your social networks (I call these conversation starters). That way your content marketing task is done, and it won't get pushed aside or delayed if you get lost in conversation.
- Plan ahead – Have you ever zigzagged through the aisles of a grocery store because you didn't have a list? You'll also spend more time on content marketing if you don't have a plan. Your actions here may include laying out your blog categories, following a weekly blogging system or using a weekly/monthly blog planner.
- Blog on the go – Grab some writing/blogging time while you're standing in line or waiting for an appointment. You may not be at your freshest creative time, but you can come back to polish later. Save and store your work online, either as a draft post in your blogging platform or in a system like Dropbox or Evernote.
- Maximize your brain power – Give your blog the best part of your day. You'll get more done faster because you're at the peak of your creativity.
How are you finding time to blog? Add your best tips below and let's learn from each other.