I mentioned in an earlier post that when it comes to blogging, many hands make light work. Blogging with a team has five key benefits:
- Less work – Keeping a blog fresh with weekly posts is much easier when there are more contributors.
- Lower costs – Team members can share the blogging costs of domain name registration and hosting, as well as editing and blog management (hey, we do that!).
- Higher credibility – As long as you hook up with other trusted professionals, your combined qualities will boost your individual clout as well.
- Shared network – Each team member can promote the blog to their professional and personal contacts, creating a much broader audience.
- Greater momentum – When a group of like-minded people put their heads together, creative ideas flow more freely. This is bound to impact the rest of your business as well.
If you’re a solo practitioner or business owner, you may think there’s no way to tap into these benefits of team blogging. Yet consider these possible teams:
- Co-leasors of an office space, office building or strip mall
- Independent service businesses with complimentary specialties
- Networking groups
- Business associations
Who can you get together with to make lighter work of blogging?