Blogging can feel like an ego-driven pursuit, especially when we get too caught up in the numbers: how many "Likes" do I have on Facebook, how many comments am I getting, how many people are there on my mailing list?
When I talk about how blogging makes you a star and the "go to" expert in your industry, I see some people shy away from that idea. They say they don't want to be a celebrity; they just want to help people and earn a good living.
Maybe it's time we redefined what it means to be a celebrity, and why it's an admirable goal for any service-based business.
What if becoming a celebrity was actually a celebration? Here are five ways that blogging can make it so:
- You can use your blog (and your celebrity status) to give back to your local community.
- Blogging builds your confidence and helps YOU see just how much of an expert you are. After all, it's easier to plant your flag of expertise on top of a mountain of content.
- Your celebrity status can be an inspiration to others in your local community, and shows them what is possible.
- Blogging is a way to express the meaning behind your business – why you do what you do. So as you blog, celebrate your passion!
- Your celebrity status will attract a tribe of people with the same passions and interests, and your blog can be a forum for them to celebrate as well. They may comment (or they may not, and that's okay, too!), or simply show their affinity by sharing your content with their own tribes.
Have you been shying away from your celebrity status? What's one way you could celebrate it, starting today?