A client recently asked, "How can we make sure our blog stands out from the rest?"
A great question, considering the vastness of the Internet and the number of websites and blogs from all over the world that may have similar information as yours.
Here are some of the points I shared about making your business blog stand out:
- Be yourself. Trying to stand out is a little like trying to be a thought leader. They will both happen as a result of you being the best you can be. So as you achieve new innovations in your business, make sure those are reflected in your blog posts.
- Commit to quality. Ask for feedback about your writing and use the suggestions. Proofread your blog posts for errors. Give yourself time for all stages of the blog writing process.
- Narrow your expectations. You don't want or need to stand out to everyone, only to a very specific set of people who are your ideal customers, or who can connect you with your ideal customers.
- Get the word out. Make it easy for those right people to come back to your blog when you have new content. Post multiple times on social media sites so you catch them when they're looking.
- Stick with it. Just by blogging consistently, week after week, month after month, year after year, you will stand out from all of the businesses who've abandoned their ghost town blogs.
Though it may seem intimidating to add your business to the busy blogosphere, if you keep these tips in mind you will find your own place – and the right customers will find you.
P.S. Client questions like this are one of the best sources for blog post topic ideas. If one client is asking, it's guaranteed that more clients and prospective clients are wondering the same thing. What's a question you heard last week? Turn that into your next blog post!