This is not a brand new story. It was actually Wednesday, March 18th that Michel "Giant" Andrew completed a 300-km, five-walk solitary walk through the wilderness to raise awareness of the high rate of diabetes in his Innu community.
I saw this story last weekend on CBC National. You can read more about Michel here.
I was fascinated to learn about Michel; not just his journey, but the bigger story this news report told of what's happening in his community (particularly their decision to ban alcohol in February 2008), and it led me to these possible coaching topics for your articles:
- Career coaches: How to turn around your past and create a new future
- Life coaches: How to keep going when the odds are stacked against you
- Parenting coaches: 10 signs your child may be involved with drugs or alcohol
- Business coaches: How to sell an unpopular idea
- Marketing coaches: How to sell people on what they need, when it's not what they want
- Spiritual coaches: How to express your inner spirit as a way of healing your outer world
- Non-profit sector coaches: How to rally a community into action
Writing prompt: Can you expand any of these titles into an article for your target market? Please comment below – I would love to hear what you do with it!