I just heard a promotion that tonight on CityTV's 6:00 o'clock news they are only telling good news. I definitely plan to tune in and I'm looking forward to the positive spin.
[Update: 6:04 p.m. – It turns out that the good news stories will be interspersed with the "regular" news of the day.]
On the radio, I've been enjoying a new feature on 680 News, which now has regular good news reports on the air. They also collect good news stories on their website. [Update December 22, 2012 – No longer available.]
In the coaching world we talk a lot about positive affirmations, the Law of Attraction and the power to choose where we will focus our thoughts. But in the "real world" it's sometimes difficult to shield ourselves from the darker events going on in our communities and in the world.
Most of the time it feels like the media is the enemy of positive thinking, and our first defense against "doom and gloom" thinking is usually to turn OFF the news.
That's why it's so exciting to see these media outlets turning that around – even for just a few minutes a day or for one special broadcast.
Here are the coaching article topics I thought of in relation to this story:
- Executive coaches: 10 positive employee attributes you may be forgetting to praise
- Marketing coaches: 10 good news stories about your business that you could pitch to the media
- Life coaches: 10 ways to put a positive spin on bad news
- Dating coaches: 10 positive topics to talk about on a first date
- Business coaches: 10 ways to use your influence to do some good
Writing prompt: Did these article topics spark any ideas for your own newsletter or blog? Are there any good news stories you could be sharing with your readers?