I would have loved to be in Ottawa yesterday to catch a glimpse of President Barack Obama, though I have to say I was much warmer and more comfortable watching it indoors on my TV.
Imagine strolling around the Byward Market, when all of a sudden the motorcade stops and there he is! (Read the story.)
Here are my suggestions for how you can use this story as a springboard for your own article or blog post, depending on what kind of coaching you do:
- Executive coach: Management by wandering around – Get out of the C-Suite and walk around the office once in awhile!
- Business coach: Everyone loves a surprise – 10 ways to delight your clients with extra value
- Family coach: Missing you – Make separation easier by bringing a piece of your trip home with you
- Life coach: Invite the unexpected – Top 10 reasons to look up from your to do list
- Career coach: Put your best work forward – How to stay front of mind for promotions and other special opportunties
Writing prompt: Use one of these suggestions, vary it for your own audience (please comment below with links – I'd love to see what you do), or check your local, national and international news for others stories that spark article or blog post ideas for you.
Barbra Sundquist says
Great suggestions Linda. I like the way you think!
Linda Dessau says
Thanks Barbra – these “Write from the headlines” posts have been a fun outlet for my creativity. I’m looking forward to continuing them.