We will never sell or share your contact information.
We collect your name and email address only so we can deliver your requested information. You may also receive update emails about this website and blog.
You can unsubscribe from these emails or change your contact information anytime by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email which reads: “To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:”
All purchases from this website are handled through Pay Pal.
Before you submit your payment information, look for https:// in your web browser, and the symbol of a locked padlock to ensure your payment information is secure. The PayPal website offers information about their own security measures.
If you have any questions about your privacy on this website, please contact Linda Dessau.
Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
1. Accountability. The privacy officer of Content Mastery Guide is the owner and sole proprietor, Linda Dessau. The responsibility of the privacy officer is to respond to inquiries and complaints, update information, and understand the legislation.
2. Purpose. The following information is gathered from these groups for the following purposes:
Newsletter subscribers: Name and email address, for the purposes of delivering requested resources, newsletters and other updates by email, and to notify of upcoming events and opportunities.
Event attendees: Name and email address, for the purposes of delivering event information by email, as well as other requested resources, newsletters and updates about upcoming events and opportunities.
Clients: Name, address (home and/or office), business description, project details, email address(es) and website, for the purposes of generating an invoice, completing a project, to notify of upcoming events and opportunities, and to request referrals or testimonials.
Vendors: Name, address, email address(es), website(s), for the purpose of using the product or service, or contacting the vendor with questions about a product or service.
3. Consent. Consent is obtained in the following ways:
1. Newsletter subscribers must complete a double opt-in subscription process that confirms their desire to receive ongoing messages.
2. Event attendees must complete an online form that confirms their desire to receive event information.
3. Clients give implied consent that Content Mastery Guide will need to contact them directly in order to complete their projects.
4. Vendors give implied consent that Content Mastery Guide will need to contact them directly in order to use their product or service.
4. Limit Collection. All information received is pertinent. Information collected will not be given to any organization outside of Content Mastery Guide.
5. Limit Use, Disclosure & Retention. Information is retained in secure online applications (Google Apps, Dropbox) and on one computer owned by Content Mastery Guide. Hard copies are stored in a home-based office. Client and subscriber information can be accessed by Linda Dessau, as well as two administrative assistants who have both committed to confidentiality. In an emergency, three family members can access client contact details for the sole purpose of updating clients on the emergency situation. Hard copy files will be shredded at the close of the project, and computer files will be deleted upon request of the client.
6. Accuracy. Subscriber information is provided by each subscriber by filling in a form. Subscribers are responsible for the accuracy of those details. Client information is taken from client correspondence (signature line, PayPal records, client website, appointment forms, etc.). Clients are responsible for the accuracy of information they post to those places.
7. Safeguards. Online storage locations are all password protected. The home office computer system has firewall, back up and virus protection. Only Linda Dessau and her administrative team have access to the information and no unauthorized parties can access information. In an emergency, three family members can access client contact details for the sole purpose of updating clients on the emergency situation.
9. Access. Any client or vendor can request information from Linda Dessau through email, telephone or postal mail at http://www.contentmasteryguide.com/contact, 705-737-3491, 411 Huronia Road, Unit #5, Barrie, Ontario L4N 9B3, Canada. Linda will respond within a reasonable time, no longer than 5 working days.