Earth Hour is coming up fast, scheduled this year for Saturday, March 27, 2010 from 8:30-9:30 p.m. I haven't made my plans yet, but I'm looking forward to a quiet, simple evening when I can reflect on the spirit of the event.
I feel proud that some of the pledges I've made in previous years are now second-nature – things like washing my clothes in cold water and bringing reusable bags when I go shopping. I'm not perfect (who is?) but I'm trying.
Here are some environmentally-inspired themes for your March articles and blog posts:
- Life coaches: Taking a stand for the planet
- Money coaches: 5 ways that recycling will save you money
- Parenting coaches: Family-friendly Earth Hour activities
- Business coaches: Green your office: 5 sustainable business practices
- Career coaches: Choosing a job that fits your values
Writing prompt: Please join me in darkness, quiet and simplicity for an hour on March 27th. And in the meantime, inspire your readers with one of these earth-friendly themes.