I’m often flooded with ideas for content and services first thing in the morning. It’s as if the rejuvenation of sleep allows me to clear the channel to my Higher Power and receive the divine inspiration that’s always beneath the surface (but I’m sometimes too caught up in other things to notice).
The challenge? I usually feel like I “should” (warning bell) be spending my early morning, highly creative, clear thinking time on client projects. Isn’t being of service to them my highest priority? After all, without clients, where would I be?
Here are five reasons why I’ve re-committed to the (almost) daily practice of giving my blog, not my clients, the best part of my day (and why you may want to as well):
- Blogging turns me on – Blogging awakens my creativity, which I need for all aspects of being an entrepreneur, and especially working on client projects. My clients benefit from me being in this state.
- Blogging sustains my business – By consistently building a mountain of high-quality content on my blog, I will grow my visibility, my reputation and my business. That frees me up to concentrate on serving my current clients without needing to worry about the future ones.
- Blogging empowers me – When I’ve met my blogging goals for the week, or worked towards them, I feel satisfied, proud and confident to do my best work.
- Blogging is my thing – I’m a content marketing expert who teaches others how to make time for blogging. And that makes it a key task for my business – not something I cram in once other things are done.
- Blogging is a team sport – Whether it’s my sister who is proofreading my blog posts or my VA who is setting up my weekly email broadcast, it’s not fair to request quick turnarounds because my blog posts weren’t finished early enough.
Of course the most important member of my team is YOU, my wonderful reader. Whether you visit the blog via a feed reader, follow my links from Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn, or wait for the weekly summary by email, I want to make sure you always have a variety of interesting and helpful content to consume.
And that’s why I’m going to continue to give YOU, my blog, and my creative fulfillment the best part of my day.