People are searching for health information online, but so many of them get stuck in the research phase because they don’t know who to trust.
This was quantified in a study called “The Power of the Purse: Engaging Women Decision Makers for Healthy Outcomes,” which found that while 53% of women think the best health information is online, only 31 percent of these women trust what they find.
Here are nine ways that blogging helps your wellness clinic be both found and trusted as a reliable resource for online health seekers.
- Credibility – By answering customer questions and demonstrating your knowledge, you and your practitioners are seen as experts in your industry.
- Comfort – People will see that you understand their needs and want to help; you’re not just pushing sales messages at them.
- Searchability – Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links (source: Hubspot via Writtent). Provided that you stick to the core categories your ideal clients care about, these links will generate visits from exactly the type of people you’re trying to attract.
- Recognition – As people read different blog posts on your site, they will gain comfort with your online presence and be more likely to come back the next time they see a link from you. The more time they spend on your site, the more they may see or seek out information about your services.
- Service – How you take care of your readers is how people will assume you take care of your clients. By blogging you can show your commitment to consistency, quality, generosity, helpfulness, and excellence.
- Passion – By each writing authentically about what’s important to you, you and your practitioners can reveal your passion for what you do. The clinic blog then becomes a vehicle to share that passion with clients, prospective clients, and other health seekers around the world.
- Visibility – Promoting your blog posts on social media brings you into the online conversations people are already having about your areas of expertise.
- Familiarity – When you have well-crafted bylines and bios on your clinic blog, readers get to know individual practitioners and other people connected with your clinic. This can jumpstart relationships with prospective clients.
- Generosity – When people see you are willing to give away your expertise and be helpful without expecting anything in return, it cultivates goodwill and fortifies the long-term, trusting relationships that lead to repeat client visits.
Blogging is a very effective way to attract positive attention for your wellness clinic. Once they discover your blog through a web search or someone in their network, it becomes a portal through which prospective clients can evaluate whether you are well-matched to meet their wellness goals.